What kinds of information do we collect?
We will not collect personal information unless it is for a lawful purpose that is connected with one of our functions or activities, and having that information is necessary for that purpose. For the intention of this site in most cases information is used to answer enquiries and notify customers about pricing, orders and specials.
The information we gather includes the following types of information about our users, including you:
1. Personal information provided by you when you interact with us or if you link, connect, or log in to your account.This may be when you use or purchase our products or services and when you subscribe or register to use our products or services.
2. General location information (e.g. your physical or postal address or your device’s IP address) or more specific location information when you use certain features of our services.
3. Aggregated information generated by our systems or third party systems we use, which track traffic to and from our sites but does not relate to you personally (this information is generally anonymised, but may include the device, applications or operating system you’re using, your IP address, and your geo-demographic information).
4. Other information that does not personally identify you.
If you choose not to provide personal information that we need from you this may mean some of our products or services will not be available to you or function in the same way.
Who do we share information with?
We may need to share or disclose:
1. your personal information to third parties when we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law.
2. aggregated tracking information (that is information about our users that we anonymise and combine so that it no longer identifies any individual user) and other information that does not personally identify you to third parties (such as our advertisers and partners) for business purposes such as helping with market analysis, audience profiling, marketing and advertising.
How do we use your information?
We use the information we collect for many reasons that support enable us to provide our services, from ensuring we understand our users and how they engage with us, to informing our marketing and helping our advertisers do the same.
We may use the personal information we collect from you:
1. for verification of your identity and assisting you in case you forget your password or login details where these are necessary to access any of our products or services;
2. to assist in providing the products and services requested by you, including by sending you service communications relating to the services you have opted into;
3. to identify and prevent harm to us or others, including detecting fraud, spam, data security incidents, and other harmful activity;
4. to measure and improve our advertising and for other marketing, promotional and publicity purposes, including carrying out direct marketing, market research and surveys;
How is cookie information used?
We may use the information generated by cookies or similar tools to:
1. track traffic patterns to and from and across our sites such as the pages you visit, the time you spend on each page, the date and time of your visit, and referring pages (pages you came from or go to);
2. ensure advertising is being shown to the most appropriate person based on this data and limit the frequency of display for certain ad formats; and
3. enable you to use certain services as a member without having to log on each time and to visit member-restricted areas of the site.
We may also use online measurement companies and other service providers to analyse our cookie information and help us manage and optimise our digital businesses and communications. These companies take information about visits to our sites to assist us with analysing the site’s performance and the effectiveness of advertising so we can optimise our services for users and advertisers.
How can you control cookies and the cookie information we collect?
What ways can you control the personal information we collect from you?
1. opt out prior to signing up for a service and not receive certain services or participate in certain interactive areas; or
2. opt in prior to signing up for a service.
You may opt out from receiving these messages at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in the message.
You may also access or modify your registered accounts at any time on your user profile page for the service. Here you will also be able to update your subscriptions to electronic newsletters and other messaging you have opted into.
How safe is my information?
It is essential to us that you trust us and are comfortable sharing your information with us. We understand how important your personal information is and so our goal is to ensure that privacy protection and data security is paramount in all aspects of our data infrastructure and processes.
At the same time, no service can be completely secure. If you have any concerns that an account you have with us or personal information has been put at risk, for example if someone could have found out your password, please contact us straight away.
How can I find out what personal information you hold and how can I update it or request deletion?
Any personal information that you provide to us will be collected and managed carefully. We will only keep your personal information for as long as reasonably required for the purposes we collected it and in accordance with this policy, unless we are required to hold it for longer under law.
Under the Privacy Act 1993 you have the right to ask us for access to the personal information that we hold about you. You may also ask us to update or correct that information at any time and as often as necessary.If you want us to delete information about you or suspend your account, please note that we may need to retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. If you withdraw your permission to use your personal information, unless there are other reasons that mean the information must be retained, we will delete that information. However, when you unsubscribe from marketing communications, we will keep your email address to ensure that we do not send you any marketing in the future.
Do we make changes to this policy? How will I find out?
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.